Album of the Month... February 2015

Eternal Misery by No Zodiac

23 Jun 2011

Immolate: 'Demo'


Immolate are a fairly new metallic hardcore band situated in Milford Uxbridge, Massachusetts (USA). A couple of days ago Rob from Immolate got in touch with me and sent me a link to their demo and for an upcoming band I am impressed. I can’t really fault it, as usual it’s probably not aimed everyone’s style but I really like it.

This demo starts with a solid fast paced metallic style introduction. There is an instant similarity in the sound an approach of Immolate which has similar aspects to bands like No Warning and Violation. This intro gives the demo a very catchy start (I have to admit it does remind me of the first 10 seconds of the introduction of Soul Search’s demo) and it sets the tone for the next song ‘No Other Way’ perfectly. I like how this demo keeps the modern day feel to the hardcore sound however still manages to incorporate the classic crossover metal sound on the instrumental parts. I’m pretty sure this band will do well in the future and will have the hardcore fan base jumping up the walls.

Immolate play some very memorable riffs and hard hitting drum beats. At times the sound quality is a bit crusty however that’s expected from a first release and I’m sure they’re future releases will only progress in sound and quality. The songs are well structured and the vocals fit perfectly with their style. Expect a vast amount of fast paced rhythms combined with some slower, heavy metallic riffs which often contain mini- breaks which is very effective. This band has a lot of energy and their songs contain angry lyrics which can never be a negative thing.

If you’re looking to get into a band that is coming on strong then this is the band for you. This isn’t the most original thing you’ll have ever heard but they deliver well. Check them out here. I hope you enjoy. Also I will be following this review up with an interview as soon as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment